=========ENGLISH LANGUAGE SUMMARY==========
This server is Russian language information resource and virtual workspace for economists and sociologists. It works to support joint activity and cooperation among geographic dispersed researchers. The main focus of this service is Russian academic community, but all sections are open for international users too.
The host organization is the Institute of Economics and Industrial Engineering (IEIE). Partner organizations of this project: Institute of Information Systems and State Public Scientific and Technical Library.
Only few sections on the server are in English. See: a)Bill
Goffe's Resources for
b)a mirror of the RePEc database of world archives of working papers and other electronic publications on economics (more than 140 kb);
c)RePEc database by Journal of Economic Literature (JEL) Classification System;
d)Economics Departments, Institutes and Research Centers in the World.
This set of Internet technologies for cooperative work of Russian economic and sociologic scientists include:
INFORMATION ORIENTATION SYSTEM
Information Orientation search system is based on SWISH-E program, a representative of search engines. Using key words, this system enables to create flexible and convenient means for general and separate indexing of all information resources of the server. When searching, you can use any sequence of key words (other than prepositions and interjections). The result of search will be a list of web-pages where your key words occur.
RUSSIAN ARCHIVE OF WORKING PAPERS ON ECONOMICS AND SOCIOLOGY (RAWPES)
The following sections comprise the content of the Archive:
In the recent time, RePEC includes the description and references to most Internet working papers archives on economics (by October 1997, it involves the descriptions of 40,706 documents over 664 sections, 13,22218 of them have the classification by Journal of Economic Literature index and 5,052 can be loaded in your computer).
Russian researchers can put electronic versions of their scientific papers in the fields of economics and sociology into this archive and related system of scientific information distribution. How to fill the forms one can get acquainted in a New Document form. A list of Acceptable topics is restricted by GRNTI subdivisions. In case one would like to add his/her document in the Archive, he/she should upload from individual computer the needed file (after filling a New Document form) on RVLES server. Instead of loading, it is acceptable to state Internet address of your document, if any. To search information in the Archive use a Search in Archive form.
LIBRARY CATALOGUE OF THE INSTITUTE OF ECONOMICS AND INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (IEIE), SIBERIAN BRANCH OF THE RUSSIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
Electronic Catalogue of IEIE library funds opens online access to bibliographical information. This Catalogue was started in 1994. Since October 1997 it has being updated on the basis of scanner technology that make possible to add annotations, contents, and other information about publications. In addition, the library has its own information page, which has being regularly updated. This page presents current news and other useful information about available bibliographical service.
The following searching and discussing opportunities can be found in this section:
SURVEY OF RESOURCES FOR ECONOMISTS AND SOCIOLOGISTS ON THE INTERNET
Our Survey of Resources for Economists and Sociologists on the Internet includes:
ELECTRONIC SERVICE FOR DOCUMENTS DELIVERY
This service has been created to develop interactivity of bibliographical catalogue, an electronic service for documents delivery. It enables users to order needed pages (on the basis of information resources contents keeping in the electronic catalogue) and then receive this order by email. Currently, under the agreements available, orders for electronic copies delivery cover articles and materials from “EKO” and “Region” magazines and IEIE publications.
In order to find materials of interest, click electronic catalogue of IEIE library and use its searching services.
1. Basic Support for Cooperative Work (BSCW) is a tool to create locked by passwords virtual workspace for geographic dispersed research teams. User's groups can create own workplaces for storing and editing documents, creating folders, lists of URL's, threads of articles, meetings schedule, and etc. BSCW was developed by the GMD - German National Research Center for Information Technology, http://bscw.gmd.de/.
2. Current list of electronic forums on the server (all forums based on the HyperNews software). HyperNews is a tool to add online forums and discussion groups features to all resources on the server.
3. Electronic Seminars as a tool to make academic discussion geographically wider and longer than in traditional form. Technically it based on some kind of web forum's (HyperNews) software with English language interface. Any researcher can send (to firstname.lastname@example.org) his/her request to open own electronic seminar at the RVLES.
4. Virtual Mainstreams as a tool for visualization of current stage of some economics or sociology mainstreams on the Internet. Created information resource related with a mainstream should be in Russian and include basic statements, current problems, lists of experts, references and other information sources, current electronic forums, regular academic conferences, and etc. User's groups get access to the RVLES server space to develop their resources in Virtual Mainstream section. Address for requests is email@example.com
5. Future Plans - next stage of the RVLES project development.
Contact address - firstname.lastname@example.org